For doTerra essential oil products click here to contact Monique
© 2020 Monique Jelléy - https://NourishingBasics.com
dōTERRA Frankincense oil is steam distilled from the resin of five main species of the genus Boswellia trees in the family Burseraceae, particularly Boswellia sacra (syn. B. bhaw-dajiana). Other species are B. carterii, B. frereana, B. serrata (B. thurifera, Indian frankincense), and B. papyrifera. Native to NE Africa and the Arabian Peninsula, its vari-ous grades depend on the time of harvesting. The resin of a tree is a sap-like substance with a high viscosity. Its main constituents are a-pinene, limonene, a-thujene.
Top Properties: Immune-stimulant, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer,
anti-depressant, and restorative.
Diffusion/Aromatic: 3-5 drops in the diffuser. Blends well with Blue Tansy, Copaiba, Lavender, Myrrh, and Wild Orange.
Internal Use: Two drops under the tongue or in a veggie capsule, twice a day as a power-ful immune-stimulant.
Topical Use: Apply to soothe the skin and improve the complexion. Rub on your hands, neck, or bottoms of your feet for a soothing warm effect. Or, dilute with a carrier oil of choice, such as fractionated coconut oil and apply. Massage on the temples to balance mood. Roll on pulse points and forehead during yoga or meditation.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out or reach of children. If pregnant or under doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid Contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight and UV rays for at least 12 hours after applying product.
Essential Oil SAFETY GUIDELINES by dōTERRA
1. Avoid applying oils to sensitive areas like the nose, ears, eyes, or broken skin. Avoid using “hot oils” on the face.**
2. Always read labels and package instructions before using an essential oil for the first time.
3. Use dilution to minimize skin sensitivity.
4. Avoid exposure to sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after application.
5. Practice safe storage—keep oils out of reach of children.
6. Always supervise young children when applying essential oils.
7. If you have specific health concerns, talk to a healthcare professional before trying essential oils.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
One Boswellia sacra tree can produce a couple of pounds of resin each year.1
If Boswellia sacra trees are properly cared for, the tree can produce resin for hundreds of years.